Welcome my future readers!
I've been struggling with this Blog for quite a while now. I had a Wordpress blog back when I was doing my bachelor but it was terrible and I decided:
"Hey I'm a developer. I should get my own blog running"
After two years of experimenting with things and throwing stuff away after (you can see this in the github timeline) I finally realized I have to make it quick and simple or I will probably never write any content in here. So I put somthing very reduced of what I initially planned on here (but I even think most of the stuff I initially planned can be filed under YAGNI).
So here it is; Hope you like it.
While I worked at fairmondo I came across some things that might be of intrest to you (if you are a Rails developer too). I also will be writing about web apps in general and maybe also a little about myself. I'm planning on having some topics about:
- Rails Performance: Tuning ActiveRecord Queries
- Make complex forms in Rails with form objects
- Chewy and Elasticsearch
- Pundit and what I think makes a gem good
- A proper SASS/CSS Naming convention with controller based CSS
- Wiselinks and AJAX
I also want wo continuously make the reading experience better with a few things here:
- Comments (probably through disqus or something)
- RSS Feed
- Automatically Post updates on twitter